Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Dad

This is my dad, David Joe, the man my son, Carson David, is now named after.



I am so excited.

Here are some of my favorite memories growing up that I would love to share with you.

I remember waking up in the mornings and heading out to the garage. I was such a tomboy. My dad would be waiting for me and we would start on some project. Somehow, it always seemed the garage needed cleaning, no matter that we had just cleaned it the week before.

We would run errands together to get more wood for a house project. Appropriately, there would be room for me in the vehicle on the way to the store, but never room for me on the way home. I would also have to hang on to the wood to make sure it would not fall out.

I remember my 21st birthday card. My mom always sent us a card for our birthdays, but this one was different. Before, the card would always be closed with "Love, mom and dad." On my 21st birthday card it was closed with: "Love, mom." "Love you more, Dad." Written in his handwriting. I will never forget it, thanks dad.

1 comment:

E. Lehman said...

Precious...the little guy and the memories!
Thanking God with you!!