Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring is on the way!!!


It is finally March and I am anticipating the smell of the spring flowers, hearing the children playing outside at the school behind our house, and feeling the warm air on the back of my neck. Ok, maybe we have a little while longer for that last one, but it is coming.
Do you remember the start of last spring? The first really warm day that you could get the kids out of the enclosed house and onto the wooden swing sets (sidenote: I wish we had a flat backyard and could get one of these in our backyard. It would be so much fun. Alas, the neighborhood parks will have to do).
Remember the first day you could open all of the windows to air out the stench that happens in a house over the course of the winter? Feeling that fresh air just blow through the house? I can not wait!!! Spring cleaning, here I come:) yes people, I love to spring clean. I hate cleaning in the winter when the furnace is running but love it when the windows are open and the sun is shining, weird huh?
I can not wait to have some really good days to get the kids out and photograph them on the playgrounds and swinging. Carson may not be doing too much on the playgrounds, but Kaylee will be a lot of fun. She practiced swinging on a "big girl" swing earlier when we had a fluke warm day. She did really well with it and I think may try to learn the technique this summer. She has also been begging to get her bikes out so she can ride on the sidewalk.
Anyways, happy first day of March!!!

No comments: