Our weekend was supposed to look like this:
Friday night: I would attend a wedding shower while Kaylee and daddy had some "daddy-daughter" time.
Saturday: Brian would have a "Man Day" with some friends and I would spend some time with another one of the wives and her son.
Sunday: Helping in the Church nursery and then Family Day
This is how the weekend went:
Friday: I had Kaylee sitting on my lap on the couch. She had a DVD cover in her hand and flung it backwards. As Brian puts it, "I did not blink fast enough!!" It caught me right in the eye. At first, I thought it just poked me in the eye, but after 30 minutes of not being able to open it, I had to call Brian at work. It was his time to get off work anyways, but wanted him to try and not stay too late so he could help watch Kaylee. We finally decided to go to an urgent clinic to see if I still had something in the eye or what was going on. They realized I had two main scratches on the eye. Corneal abrasions = not fun.
Saturday:
I kept my eyes closed most of the day, daddy got his "daddy-daughter" time at the house. Since I could not open my eye and it even hurt to have the injured one closed and open the good eye, I spent the entire day blind.
Sunday:
I could not help in the Church nursery - I did attend Church but everyone thought I had "pink eye" and I still could not have my eye open for long periods of time.
change of plans for our weekend, but that is ok. It is getting much better, but I am a little bummed that I could not do what we had originally planned for the weekend. Oh well, it was a good family weekend.
3 comments:
what a bummer (and freak accident!!). hope you're feeling better tomorrow.
We missed you. Give me a call or send me an email and we'll reschedule. We're really free this week if you start to feel up to it and next weeek we're really busy but we might have a little down time... and I think you have surgery?? Is that still in the plans? Hope your eye is feeling better.
I guess I will need to wear my safety glasses, with side shields, the next time I hold Kaylee
Post a Comment