Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Our Weekend

I needed monday to recooperate from a very long and busy weekend. We got everything done that we wanted to get done, even with losing an hour in there too!!
Friday consisted of me painting the whole kitchen while Kaylee was napping, and then that evening we fixed the plumbing under the sink. The old set up consisted of pipes running under the sink so that I had no room for anything under there. Brian rerouted the pipes so they are now mostly in the wall behind the sink so now I have more room under the sink:) Unfortunately, we were up until midnight doing it.
On saturday, my parents came over to help with the kitchen. Well, my dad helped and my mom and I ran errands with Kaylee. We had to get Kaylee out of the way, right? They got all of the base cabinets in(except for one board that was delivered that is the wrong color, we had to reorder that board)!! We are now done with the cabinets and are ready to work on the floors. Here are a couple of pictures. Just don't look too closely at the old appliances. We are not pushing the stove back, we are just going to wait on our new one and then put it into place. We did push the dishwasher back, but that is easy to maneuver so it was no big deal.



On sunday, we atttended Church. Very exciting Church service but I will not get into that:) Then we took Kaylee to the Science Center. Here she is enjoying watching the cars go under the walkway.


The microphone was broken but that didn't stop her.


This was our favorite. I am not sure if you can read it, but the sign says "Wall of Hands, Don't Touch." I guess we didn't follow directions, but I am not sure why it says don't touch. It makes music when you touch the hands. Kaylee loved it.
She is trying on the crab puppett.
That evening Brian put in my new kitchen sink and hooked up the dishwasher again - yay! for running water in the kitchen again!!! I also put in the brackets for the drawers that pull out in the pantry.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the color of those cabinets!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! -Laura