On saturday, we decided to load up the kayaks and go for a boat ride in Fenton. We have never been to this lake before so exploring was a must. While we were exploring, we almost got attacked by a beaver (I kid you not!!) The only thing I saw was a huge, black animal jump out of the water and back in right next to Kaylee and I. I could not breathe for a few minutes.
Kaylee loves the water and she loved seeing some bigger boats on the water too. It was beautiful weather and we could not have had a better time.
Saturday night, we had 11 people over to our house for some firepit action. It was awesome!!! We cooked pizza in the pie irons, had smores, and what some people have called Brian's dessert "roadkill." Even though they have named it that, they all loved it. It was an awesome night catching up with friends and just sitting around the fire.Sunday was Church. Kaylee's last sunday in the little nursery:( She is moving up to be an elephant!!! I am excited to see what she learns in this new classroom.
Sunday afternoon we decided to head over to Creve Couer lake and go for a hike. We went on a different trail and ust kept walking. Before we knew it, we were walking for 2 hours and walked 3 miles. Now, I know that is not a great pace, but Kaylee walked about half of it so not bad considering.
Monday, Labor Day, we decided to tackle the crowds and hit the zoo. Again, weather was perfect and the crowds were not bad at all.

Daddy showing Kaylee where we are on the map. She loved carrying it around and seeing where we had gone and telling us where to go:)
This is the first picture I have ever taken with Kaylee by the snake. She is such a toddler now and so tall!!!
All in all, it was a great weekend. The only thing I would have changed is Kaylee would have taken a nap each day. She has decided that she does not need to take a nap so she just lays in bed and either reads or colors for an hour. She is not too bad in the evening but I am hoping this is just a phase and not the end to afternoon naps because I still need one!!Happy Labor Day everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment