Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Brian and I went camping with Kaylee for the first time this weekend. We met up in Indiana with Brian's parents.

I have to say, I and I think the rest of us, were very amazed at how well the weekend went - Kaylee being 10 months old that is.




We went hiking:
Kaylee loved riding in her backpack.





We went Kayaking:

With Kaylee:

And Without:
Brian found a "cave" that we could kayak in. I snapped a picture of him going under.
(Skipping rocks)
We sat around the campfire:



Kaylee's new camp chair that Grandma and Grandpa got her!!


Lastly, we conquered fear of heights - ok, that last one is me and I wouldn't exactly say I conquered them, I just put my head down and walked fast through it:) We decided to go on another hike on sunday. It was in a beautiful nature preserve, but I was not aware of what was ahead. We started to hike up a hill - or shall I say mountain. At one point - way out of my comfort zone for how high we were, we had to cross this. If you can see how steep it drops down on the one side, jsut imagine that on both sides!! Not sure the pictures do it justice but it was VERY high - just trust me on this one.


If you look closely, you can see that the tree roots are growing out over the edge. We are still up high and after the picture was taken, I wispered to Brian that I was way out of my comfort zone and needed to get out.

I did manage to sit down and try to get a family picture to document my conquering - uh, pushing through my fear of heights.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great time! and good for you for facing that fear of heights!

John said...

I think it's very cool that you and Brian don't shy away from getting out and about with Kaylee...she's getting exposed to the great outdoors! : )

Grandma K said...

We had a great time with you!! Great job on journaling our adventure. Thanks for a great weekend. Kaylee did super!

Christi said...

do you know where brian's parents got that little chair for Kaylee? we have been looking for one for samuel...we are going to try camping this summer as well!

looks like you had a great time!

Julie said...

They got the camp chair at Meijers. Not sure if you have them by you. It comes with an umbrella and was around $16.