Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Weekend Getaway

Well we are home, finally. It was a long, but great weekend.

It started on friday morning as we headed to Grand Rapids, MI for a family wedding. We stayed there the weekend and then on monday traveled to Dayton, OH. Brian's parents live there and he was also doing some business there so it worked out great. Then today it was home.

I was a little nervous with so much travel for a 9 1/2 month old. Boy, did I not need to worry. She did great. We took our time and she slept for some of the way and played the rest. Actually, on the way home today, she slept for 4 hours straight. I could not believe it. Brian and I made a pit stop at a rest area and were very quite taking turns getting out of the car to use the restroom. She slept through it all.

One thing she did do a lot this weeked was say "Mum" all the time. It melted my heart everytime. She is very cute when saying it also because she draws out the first "M" and it is in a deep voice. I will get it on video and post it.

She has also learned to crawl. Well sort of. She is on her back and then pushes with her legs to go backward. She gets around until she hits a wall then she is not sure of what to do. I am not a fan of this type of crawling, especially since she will lose her beautiful hair. She does seem to get around other ways while sitting up and spinning, not always sure how she gets from point A to point B but she does. She also has an incredible reach so it is hard to have things out of her reach to get her to crawl. She is just too funny.

Well we are wiped now and not sure when she will want to go to sleep since she slept so much in the car. Hopefully I will not regret that one!!!

No comments: