Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Biggest Loser

Last night was the season premier of The Biggest Loser, Season 8!!! I can't believe it has been on for 8 years? Think of all the lives that have been changed in the past 8 years.

This is about the only show that Brian and I watch. I am not thrilled with how much swearing Jillian did on it last night though. I think she can motivate everyone without the swearing.

Each year, as I watch the show, I think, I should work out while watching the show!!! Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I have not gotten the clearance from my doctor to work out again yet so I just watched last night.

I only caught the last hour of the show. When they were weighing in and Jillian made a comment about what Abby has been through, I had to find out what it was about. I am praying for Abby. She lost her husband, 5 1/2 year old daughter, and 2 1/2 week old son in a fatal car accident almost three years ago. In fact, if she stays on the show, she will be there over the anniversary. I can not even begin to imagine what she has gone through, but will only offer up my prayers.

About 10 years ago, I started on this journey of losing weight. I got about 70 pounds off and then have stayed the same over the years. I would love to lose about 20 more and then stay at that. I just wish I had someone screaming in my ear to not eat so much and work out:)

Do you watch the Biggest Loser? Do you get inspired like I do to work out after or during watching the show? We will see if I can lose the weight I want to while this season is on!!!

4 comments:

E. Lehman said...

The Biggest Loser is one of the only shows I watch consistently. I very much enjoy watching all of the transformation. Funny that you ask whether anyone is motivated to work out during or after the show. I always make a comment to Kyle and laugh because it is quite common (meaning almost always) for us to watch the show while eating dinner as Tuesdays have always been a late working night for at least one of us over the years. We shovel food into our mouths while they work out to lose weight...sounds about right, doesn't it?
There were so many great one-liners last night I thought. We laughed quite a bit while watching the show. And I cried quite a bit too..but that is a given:)
P.S. Kaylee is getting so big...and all the more cute!!

Jennifer said...

I watched Biggest Loser last night. Abby's story is so sad, I almost tear up now just thinking about it.

I love seeing the transformations!

I usually find myself eating ice cream or cookies while watching Biggest Loser, it's kinda odd.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we're almost always snacking when it's on, but I have to admit that mostly, we've moved to healthier snacks while watching!

I bawled last night seeing Abby's story!

Kevin said...

We missed the first episode (and it screwed up and didnt tape the second), what we found was it shows on FLN (i think thats the name) on friday evening) So if you miss one, you might be able to catch it on there (if you dont want to sit in front of your computer to watch it.