Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

Yesterday, after church, we headed to my parents house. It is a little over an hour away and so we were hoping if we packed a lunch in the car that Kaylee would take a nap on the way there. No deal!! I am starting to feel that she is giving up her naps and I am not really sure I am ready for this. She is fine without a nap until about 5p.m. After that, she loses it. I have to figure out a way to get her to take her naps again. She used to be so good with it.

Anyways, back to Easter. My sister and her family came also. I love getting together with her family. Their kids are so good and so much fun. Here Kaylee is with their oldest, Elizabeth. Elizabeth has not been feeling well for a while and has gone through scads of tests. All to find out, she is now lactose intolerant like her daddy. Bummer.


Now, let the Easter egg hunt begin. Kaylee is a pro at this. I didn't even have to tell her what to do, she filled up her basket a couple of times.


She sees one under the couch and tried with all her might to get it out of there. It was pretty cute.



There was one special egg just for her. It had a little people bunny with an easter basket in it. As you can see, she has her mouth full of candy. My sister kept feeding her candy as she was picking up eggs. She had a few pieces of candy yesterday, but then before my sister left with her kids, I snuck the rest of Kaylee's candy into their baskets so it would not be in the house.


After the egg hunt, all the kids emptied there eggs and dumped them back in the bucket. Kaylee had more fun playing with all the eggs. She was trying to get in the bucket for awhile.


One way to get rid of all the sugar--play band hero!!!


It was a great day. We were all exhausted by the end.

1 comment:

Jill said...

You little sneak! My kids don't need all the candy either. You could atleast share in the tooth decay!!
Love you!!