Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Randoms

Last week, it was pretty hot so I filled up a couple of tubs with water and let Kaylee go at it.
I am not sure what it is about this pictures, but she looks so grown up.


Kaylee has also started more "pretend" play. It is fun seeing her. Last week, I caught her pushing her baby in the stroller while talking on her play phone. She sounded like she was holding a real conversation. Not sure who she was referring to on the other end, but she was answering lots of questions they must have been asking.
Here she is changing the diaper on one of her babies.

We also made it through the nursery on Sunday with no instances!!! We were so proud of her. During the week, we had been talking A LOT about sharing and how Jesus wants us to be nice to others. The nursery workers said they could tell we had been talking to her. She mentioned every time Kaylee was thinking of doing something she would stop and say "share" and then she would be nice to the other kids.
She has also learned to count from 2-6 on her own. She skips one for some reason and then will repeat what you say for 7-10 but will not do it on her own.
On other news, we are almost ready to get the kitchen appliances back in the kitchen. We grouted the tile floor under where the appliances go so that we can move them back in tomorrow night. I am so excited!! I can only go so long with out an oven and dishwasher, and having your refrigerator in the living room. Now, we just have to finish the rest of the floor and then the counter tops. Do it yourself projects are just a pain in the booty:( It has been fun working side by side with Brian on it though, but I am definitely ready for it to be done.
ok, well I have not blogged in a while and thought I better atleast update a little on what is going on around here.

3 comments:

Grandma K said...

I can't wait to see you again, Kaylee!! and your parents, also! You're growing up so fast!! I love you, Kaylee!!!! love, Grandma K

Brenda said...

so when you say it was "pretty hot", what exactly does that mean?

Anonymous said...

cute pictures!

and yay for making progress on the kitchen! it's hard to live with main rooms of your house in upheaval. it looks great, though!