Adventure? Not really sure I should be calling it that.
We started yesterday afternoon. I had it in my head to start then but Kaylee decided to not take a nap. I almost decided to forgo the whole idea, but then decided to go for it. We set the timer for 30 minutes, and showed Kaylee her sticker chart. We played up the whole thing and she seemed very excited. She went the whole 30 minutes dry, but could not go on the potty after sitting there for a while. I decided to put her in big girl panties to see what she would do. After about 5 minutes, she had an accident on the floor. She stopped when we said someting and then tried to go the rest on the potty. I put a new pair of panties on and about 5 minutes later she had another accident. I was ready to forgo the whole thing again. I talked myself out of giving up and figured it was going to take longer than 10 minutes to get her potty trained.
The rest of the evening she did great. She went probably 5 times and never really had to wait for the timer. Before the 30 minutes was up, she was telling us she needed to go and she would go in the potty.
Today, she woke up dry and we sat on the potty for 30 minutes before she went, but she did go. She had one accident this morning, but other than that she is doing great. She even pooped on the potty!!! She continues to tell me when she needs to go instead of waiting for the timer.
This afternoon, the boy I watch came over and everything went down hill from there. She had two accidents and is not really interested in going potty. I am hoping this afternoon after a good nap will be different. She is doing so well I hope it keeps going, otherwise, I need to get more carpet cleaner!!
No comments:
Post a Comment