Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Peaches and 2 year old checkup

Kaylee and I decided to beat the heat this morning and go pick peaches - for free!!! Momslikeme.com told us about a great opportunity. Today only, kids could go to the Belleville, IL Eckerts and pick 4 pounds of peaches for free. That was about 10 peaches, but plenty for us. Kaylee had so much fun.
Do me a favor and look past the purple shoes with the red and blue outfit - this girl has outgrown all of her sandals for the summer and I just don't want to buy more when it is almost over. Read down further to see how much this girl has grown lately.

As far as Kaylee's 2 year old checkup. She now is 36 3/4 inches tall and weighs 29 pounds and 12 ounces. She is 97% for height and 80% for weight. He said that she is perfect and TALL!!! She has grown 4 inches in 6 months!! I knew she had grown but man!! No wonder why we can't keep any clothes on this child. He was impressed with her communication skills and coordination. They gave me a sheet to do with her while we waited for the doctor to come in. They said it was for 2-3 year olds so not to worry if she couldn't do it since she was just 2 years old. Well - she could do everything but three things out of the 20 or so!! The only things she had a hard time with was jumping over a piece of paper laid on the floor with both feet, and two questions that had to do with answering some questions: What do we do when we are tired, what is a chair for? Things that we talk about about but don't normally ask her in that way so she was a little lost. No biggie:)

She was a trooper getting a few shots too. The only thing I have to do now is get her into an eye doctor. I noticed a spot/bump on her eye (actually it has been there since birth but our other ped didn't do anything about it, this one did) and he wants me to have it checked out. It is very small and he had a hard time seeing it, but when he did see it, he recommended just having it checked out. I will update when we get to that appointment. We are not worried about it until they tell me that she has to have it removed:( I am not looking forward to that.

No comments: