Well I amtrying to be persistent about laying Kaylee in her crib for a naptime. She has gotten used to sleeping in her car seat if we are out, or in the swing but hates her crib during the day. She does great at night so I can not complain.
Well today, I stayed persistent. I would let it go for about 5 minutes and then let her know I love her and then walk back out. After doing that a few times, she is also persistent, I finally rocked her for a few minutes and then laid her back down. She is finally asleep. I am not sure how long it will last but I am enjoying it for now.
I know some of you are thinking, "why has it taken you so long to do this?" Well you have to live and learn on your first child. I guess I kept giving myself the excuse that she was only a few weeks, or a few months old. Well now when she is in the nursery, the workers look at me weird if she will not go to sleep on her own. I guess I finally realized that I didn't like that look and wanted to tuff it out a few days.
Well now as I am writing this she is waking up again. The nap officially lasted 10 minutes.
This may take a while:)
3 comments:
First of all, I'll never look at you weird for that...and none of them should. We have lots of babies that come into the nursery who don't go to sleep on their own until they're several months old.
Secondly, you're right. You just have to be persistant. It's annoying to get a 10 minute nap, but if you just try it for one of her naps (so that she's getting good ones the rest of the day), she'll figure it out!
give me the name of those mean nursery workers :) kaylee is not at all odd for not yet falling asleep quietly in a crib.
seriously though, if she's not gotten the hang of it yet that is ok. one thing that i have learned is that all parents do it differently & that is ok. fromt the start you have to not compare your child with others. and the gals in her classroom should know that too (Nicole, does).
this parenting/training up a child stuff can be tricky. she'll figure it out (you'll figure it out too).
Thanks ladies. The nursery workers are not being mean, I did not mean that. I think I get sensitive when it comes to my child and if I am doing things right. I have so much to learn.
Post a Comment