Friday, April 10, 2009

9 months old!!

Notice the crazy hair and pajamas. We love our lazy mornings!!

So I really can not believe it has been 9 months. Here is what she is up to these days:


Kaylee, in the past few weeks has really been trying hard to crawl. She is not on her hands and knees but is doing better at "tummy time" and if we put a towel behind her feet she will push against it to move herself. She has such a long reach from sitting that I think it is only days that she will just start moving. She also loves grabbing on to you and pulling herself into a standing position.


She loves to hear herself talk - and squeel. Mommy and daddy don't like the squeel as much so we are working on that one, but we love the giggles and babblings that she does.


She is doing so much better in the Church nursery. I think we started the stranger anxiety at about 2 months of age so now that we are actually in the age that she is "supposed" to have it, she could care less, unless it is is time to eat and then she REALLY cares who has her.


We weighed her a few days ago and she weighs 20.8 pounds. She is not gaining much weight these days, since she is moving more. She is however going into 18months clothes for the reason of height. She is getting too tall for 12 month clothes. Unofficially, she is around 29-30 inches tall. It is hard to measure her and we don't go back to the doctor until she is 12 months old. That is just too long.

She loves to see other kids in either strollers or carts. She will squeel when she sees another baby as we are out shopping. She loves to ride sideways in the cart. She like to see where we are going and loves to smile at everyone. If anyone talks to her, she loves the attention and will just eat it up.

She loves her fruits, but is not as fond of her vegetables, except sweet potatoes. She will eat whole peas now and some bites of carrots and bananas.

She could eat a full container of the puffs or gold fish. She will also put atleast 5 in her mouth at a time.

She is very easy to take places, she is always smiling and just a very happy kid. She adjusts so easily if daddy and mommy are out late. She will just sleep for a little while and then be the life of the party again until we get home. Then she goes to sleep just as easily as if we had been home all night.

She loves snuggle time-and so do daddy and mommy. She has even fallen asleep on daddy's shoulders a few times while being out late. This has made daddy's night:)

I just really can not believe she is 9 months old today.


We love you Kaylee:)

1 comment:

Hyser Family said...

Julie - I can't believe how tall she is! :) My kids are shrimps. I need to measure Kaleb, because I really have no idea how tall he is, but I'm thinking they are probably the same length. :) I suppose it makes sense though since Kaylee has some tall genes. She's just adorable!