Here are before pictures. We had things on the wall, but I forgot to get pictures before taking them down.
Not sure if it comes out well. It is Blue and Beige walls - alternating. So opposite walls would be either blue or beige.
Here is the first color - notice how bright yellow it is. Aweful!!!
After TWO wrong colors and painting a full coat of each one, we finally got a color from a friend. They have their family room painted and every time I am over there I keep saying that is the color I want. Thanks Kelli for letting me steal your color from you.
Here is the finished project. It doesn't come out very well on the computer, but it is awesome. It actually looks more orange on here but it is a golden yellow.
We did a red accent above the cupboards and will put some blown glass up their from Third Degree. I can't wait. The bowl you see is from Maui that we got on our honeymoon. I hadn't realized that it matched perfectly until I had the kitchen painted and we needed a spot for the bowl since we are baby proofing. I held it up there and it looked great. It is funny how things like that work out. Who would have thought that two years later I would be painting my kitchen in the same colors as a bowl we got as a souvenir.
Oh, Kaylee helped me paint also. She was a big help!!!
She got paint on her clothes though.

3 comments:
This turned out great! Yellow is such a tricky color to paint with. I had a yellow disaster myself once too. :) Anyway -- great job - I love it.
I really like the yellow! Finding the perfect color is tricky!
Too bad you didn't leave it the original color. You could have had a John Deere Kitchen. I have some extra stuff that you could have used for decor... too bad. No really, I love the new color esp. with the red. And Kaylee looks precious too.
Post a Comment