Thursday, June 25, 2009

To Do List

My friend Nicole posted some things that she has been working on around her house. I thought maybe I would post some also to let you in on a little secret - I am obsessed with being organized. There, I said it - boy, do I feel better:)

We are not getting our house ready to sell like Nicole is, but just doing a few minor things to slowly make it more up to date.
You remember recently that I painted the kitchen? Well now I have installed all new hardware on the cabinets.



Gold:(

Silver:)







Also, I need to reorganize this pantry in the kitchen. It holds our baking supplies, tupperware, and other misc. items you don't use that often that maybe you got for your wedding:) Yes, Mary, I use the mixer quite often don't worry. It is just in this pantry as I don't have anywhere else to put it.:)








One more thing is going to happen in the kitchen that I am SUPER excited about. We are going to paint our countertops in a granite color. If that makes sense. Currently they are a blue color. We got a kit for it and I am way excited to do it. I guess you could say this is the "cheap mans" way of updating a kitchen. We will have to totally redo our kitchen some day, but for now we are just putting under $100 in hardware, paint, and other things to make it updated. I will get a before and after picture of the counter top when we do it.





In our bedroom, we are replacing these vertical blinds with other blinds. I am not really a fan of mini blinds but these will do, Brian likes them. I do have a goal to paint our master bedroom but not sure when that will come. Maybe more fall when the windows are open.








This is our spare bedroom. I have already started to organize it so this picture is taken mid way. I went through our file cabinet and got rid of lots of papers that no longer need to be in there. I took out the picture that had all the papers in their in case any of our personal info was noticable. We have people staying here soon, so I need to get this room finished soon.


Other projects that are being completed are:


Put a bathroom in downstairs. We have a finished basement but no bathroom so Brian is going to put one in:) That will be this winter.


Paint our basement - I think I am just getting tired of all the beige in our house so it all just needs to go.


Update our garden - replant things and plant a vegetable garden - this might be more next spring.


Well I think that may be just about it. It is amazing what you get done when you are staying home more:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I love this post! I have to admit that posting about it has made me more motivated to get the work done.

And like you, I don't love mini blinds, but I do like those plantation blinds...they'll look really nice!

I wish our basement had a bathroom...that would be SO nice.